Want to hear about new releases and other fun stuff? Subscribe to the newsletter.
About this Site
Thank you for visiting this site. This is a place for dreamcatchers—people who believe they can put ideas down on paper or up on the screen and get others to pay attention. It’s for children in adult bodies who never stopped pretending.
And it’s for those who want to explore the creative process—who don’t know yet if they want to follow the path to some unknown part of themselves that has always wanted a voice.
It’s about Life and Love and Writing—all mixed together into something you might like.
About Steven Ramirez
Steven Ramirez is the author of The Girl in the Mirror, the first novel in a new supernatural suspense series, Sarah Greene Mysteries. He wrote the acclaimed horror thriller series Tell Me When I’m Dead. A former screenwriter responsible for the funny, bloody, and action-packed movie Killers, he has also published Chainsaw Honeymoon, a romantic comedy, and Come As You Are, a horror collection. Steven lives in Los Angeles. He enjoys Mike and Ikes with his Iced Caffè Americano, doesn’t sleep on planes, and wishes Europe were closer.
Five Fun Facts You Didn’t Know About Me
1. Once at a famous jazz club in London, I pretended I was a musician and “played” onstage with Jimmy McGriff. I’m still surprised they didn’t call the cops.
2. One time in Beverly Hills, I chased after the accomplished actor Andy Garcia, trying to get him to read my screenplay. This is what happens when you don’t have an agent.
3. Another time in Pasadena, I ran into the renowned physicist Stephen Hawking, who was presumably on his way back to Cal Tech. I wish I had been better prepared.
4. If you’re careful and don’t blink, you can spot me playing a nurse in Killers 2: The Beast.
5. I wrote and directed a short comedy starring Rose Hobart, an inspiring woman who began her film career at Fox in 1930. God rest her soul.